Saturday, September 3, 2016

Burghley Blog 4

Cross country day means an early start to arrive before the traffic builds up. Arrived just after 7am.
3 of us had arranged a little photo shoot with the girls from the Dubarry of Ireland stand.


They are spelling out LRBHT from the sign behind in case anyone was wondering!!
After this walk through the shops to get some general images, it's remarkable what you can find and seeing the sun shining on the brushes below was not a sign of thing to come.

 
I was also thought the idea of the Rugby Ball wine cooler was a novel idea.
 
 
Then it was time for the Cross Country to start so I headed over to Leaf Pit which is a Burghley classic. Just before the first horse was due to start the leader after Dressage phase Christopher Burton was riding round the course on his bike and the image below shows the terrifying drop the riders face at this fence and the look on his face it's not much easier on a bike!
 
 
Not long after the first horse started the rain began and it didn't stop all day. I went to the Thompsons Wall fence which was in the trees where I could stay dry.
 
 
After stopping to say hi to some friends I then went to the Land Rover Trout Hatchery where I stayed under trees for the rest of the day. not long after I arrived I found what I thought was a good spot until Abigail Boulton riding Tilston Tic Toc  lost her reigns and headed straight for me, believe me it came mighty close and the image below is the last one I took before I bottled it and moved the little I could sat on the floor.
 
 
There were a couple of fallers but there was no serious injuries so the images are below of Pippa Funnell and Andrew Hoy.
 

 
My favourite shot today is of Kristy Short riding Cossan Lad
 
 
Well the cameras are drying out and I'm off to bed so I'm ready for the excitement of the final day of this wonderful event.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment