Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Burghley Blog 1

Hi from The 2016 Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials, my favourite event of the year.


I thought I would do a blog of my experience while here. Wednesday is the First Vets Inspection at 4pm. I arrived mid morning in glorious sunshine and set about going on a walk of the Cross Country course. One of the areas of the course is The Winners Avenue where every winner has a plaque celebrating there victory. With time on my side I decided to photograph each one.


After photographing all the cross country fences and the main arena which looked particularly stunning in the end of summer sunshine.


The skies changed but no rain came and the vets Inspection went ahead under blue sky and all the horses passed. Pictured below is Mark Todd and NZB Campino from New Zealand.


I particularly like this last photo of Event Director Elizabeth Inman and Course designer Capt. Mark Phillips talking during the Vets Inspection.


More 2moro ..............................



No comments:

Post a Comment